GM-CGC MANUFACTURING CYBER RESILIENCE ROADMAP
OPERATIONALIZING CYBER RESILIENCE
To manage cyber risk in a cost-effective manner based on business requirements, leveraging cybersecurity best practice standards, frameworks practices, and guidance documents as foundational baselines , the Global Manufacturing Cyber Governance Center operationalizes Manufacturing Sector-Specific Cyber Resilience by providing the expertise, resources, tools, templates, technologies, and workforce education to operationalize cyber resilience.
Working directly with Manufacturing Stakeholders and their respective supply chains, the GM-CGC Manufacturing Cyber Resilience Roadmap (MCRR) tool (2017) helps guide an organization in improving cybersecurity and thereby enabling the sustainability of security and resilience. The roadmap supports all manufacturing organizations, regardless os size or cybersecurity sophistication, or whether an organization has a mature risk management program and processes managed by a governance structure.
- Risk Management Principles, Best Practices, and Proven Processes
- Common Lexicon to Address and Manage Cyber Risk
- Manufacturing Sector-Specific Governance Structure to Understand and Apply Cybersecurity Risk Management
- Assess Organizational Current Cybersecurity Posture
- Map to the Manufacturing Cyber Resilience Targeted Posture – Identifying Gaps and Prioritizing Opportunities for Improvement
- Communicate Organizational Cybersecurity Poster to Internal and External Stakeholders (Customers, Regulators, Investors, Policymakers)
- Position the Organization to Receive More Attractive Cybersecurity Insurance Coverage – Demonstrating Use of Sound Cybersecurity Practices
- Provide the Organization with the Mechanism to Demonstrate a Proven Track Record of Implementing and Continuously Evaluating Risk-Based Cyber Management Practices
- Benefit from a Highly Skilled Cyber Workforce – A Better Understanding of Required Technical Capabilities, Skills Needed – Guiding Recruiting, Workforce Design, and Training
IMPLEMENTING & DISTILLING THE FIVE CORE FUNCTIONS OF CYBERSECURITY